blogger

12 Apr 2012

4:39 pm Posted by Bigfish69 Posted in , , , , , ,
Posted by Bigfish69 on 4:39 pm | Categories: , , , , , ,
by Elsie Hemming

Tears flowed down my cheeks as I read the letter from Father which was opened after his murder.  His love and forgiveness for his killers makes me feel ashamed and distressed.  For some months, I have felt guilty about not seeing Christ in pedophiles, terrorists, killers of women in the name of 'honour' - I know I should but I cannot believe that Christ could live in such people.

My daughter disagrees with me.  She tells me that until a person accepts Christ and recieves the holy Spirit, we should not expect to see Christ in that person.

Then I recall that Christ died for ALL people, and cannot reconcile that fact with relegating those I believe are guilty of heinous crimes in limbo.  Who am I to judge my fellows?  I have no right to do so.  But I do.  My mind and heart fight one another.

My mind whirls round and round.  Surely, these days, too much is made of the sinner and not enough of the victims.  If I feel love for the evil ones, am I not condoning evil?  If I condone evil, I am as evil as the perpetrators.  Love the sinner, and hate the sin, I have been taught, but how do I separate them?  There would be no sin without the sinner.

bookmark kingfisher

Facebook Favorites More Twitter

subscribe

Search