blogger

21 Jul 2012

11:06 pm Posted by Bigfish69 Posted in ,
Posted by Bigfish69 on 11:06 pm | Categories: ,
When I read about and see God's heart, one thing I understand is that we are meant to be family. Yes, he presents himself and gives people the option of embracing or rejecting him. But he gives numerous opportunities to change our mind, our ways.  Why?  Remember the parable of the lost son (Luke 15:11-32)? Lost yes, but never not his family.

Just as I cannot abandon my kids, how can I walk away from the people God embraces (though they reject him or don't even acknowledge him).

Does this mean I am personally responsible for them or their choices or actions?  No.
But to walk away because they behave in ways I disagree with is no better than the rejections they perform.  Likewise to walk away because they treat me poorly is again to reject them as they have rejected us.

How do I want to be treated?  How should God treat me?

And so I am left with two scenarios ... e.g. Give a few warnings and move on, leave people to their own devices, time is short, etc.  Jesus did this (read Matthew and Titus).  But on the other hand we could persevere with many chances, even to the point that all could be saved if only one could be found.  Even Jesus did this (read about Lot, Moses, Ezekiel, Amos).

Put bluntly.  Before I accepted Jesus as real, all there was was me.  But when I started to hear his voice and feel his heart, all I could see was others.  My dilemma is therefore why don't I hear specific day to day things to do?  And yet I look at God and at his Son and hope that my choices are filtered through the lens.

Maybe the issue is a default.  Maybe I am doing what today's religious leaders are.  Seeing them as the way to reach the people.  Mediators between people and God.  Believing a tactic to change the hearts and minds of church leaders will somehow change others will be successful.  Yet, this is a problem because it changes nothing.  If I believe people will only change if their leaders do, I simply am propagating the false dependency that already exists.

Please God, forgive me.  Help us be your family.  Show us how to move forward.

bookmark kingfisher

Facebook Favorites More Twitter

subscribe

Search