blogger

17 Feb 2013

4:13 pm Posted by Bigfish69 Posted in
Posted by Bigfish69 on 4:13 pm | Categories:
ksmn1526lIs it really possible to change or is the way you are set?  In other words, is the reason you behave the way you do a result of some kind of "hard-wiring" or is it possible to change?  Indeed, does God design people to be a certain way? If he did, does this mean you are "programmed" to act in certain ways?

And yet the Bible states Jesus came so we could be set free of our sins and therefore choose to live in ways that God asks of us.

Consequently, if we are unable to change the promise of Jesus is an impossibility!  Why?  Because we all do things which keep our relationship with God broken.In addition, if we cannot change, where does that leave free-will and choice?Could it even be that God designed us to be able to change?

Could it be that people who claim we are designed to act in certain ways are unwilling to accept personal responsibility for their own actions? "I can't help it!  This is just how I am." "If other people would't treat me this way I would not respond they way I do."

Wait a moment ... This line of thinking implies others need to change their actions so I may remain the same.  But this was said by the same person who claism change is not possible, we are just cimply doing what our biological or God-made programming causes us to do.

This is a contradiction at best, shifting responsibility.

If people cannot change, we cannot blame them for their actions and must either ignore it, forgive it, or let it go.

But if they can change then so can I.  And as a result I must show them the same grace as I would hope they would show me.  Not only that.  Maybe.  Just maybe, I need to accept my actions for what they are and examine how to change them where needed.

bookmark kingfisher

Facebook Favorites More Twitter

subscribe

Search